Sunday, April 6, 2014

In Memoriam

I like this Latin phrase because it means 'Into Memory'.  Not 'for the' or 'because of'...

It presupposes motion.

This is the reason I've bound Murphy's and Malcolm's ashes together for the necklace I'll wear on Walk 2.  The Mobius Strip has been much on my mind and that's the inspiration. 

The West Coast Walk will not only commemorate but commence with and memorialize our loved ones touched by cancer. Their story is this story.  Like the Austin to Boston Walk, I will wear a Memorial shirt though unlike it there will only be two shirts not six.  


According to Red, 'When you make a $30 donation in honor of or in memory of a person or dog we will recognize your donation to them here on our Memorial Wall, add their name to the Memorial Shirt that Luke will wear on Walk 2.  We will also send you the 2 Million Dogs BLUE pack of Toki Poki Pet Trading Cards includes pets that have had or currently have cancer. The unique packaging includes a topper and heart-shaped confetti that are made of seeded paper. Use them to plant and grow wildflowers in honor or remembrance of someone touched by cancer.'

And if you make that donation by April 23rd, you'll be on my first Memorial Shirt.  


--------

YBD's Notes 1:  I want to thank all of those on my Memorial shirt in walk 1.  At the time of the final mile I think we had 500 or more.  We walked with angels.  

YBD's Notes 2:  I've now got a Red and an Ed in my life and am awaiting a Fred or a Jed to complete the trifecta.  

No comments: